Practices for Kyabje Zopa Rinpoche
Following advice from His Holiness the Dalai Lama, the FPMT and Geshe Sonam Gyaltsen, Maitreya Institute is trying to do as much as is appropriate and helpful, now that our precious Guru Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche has passed into parinirvana. When a great Lama passes away, it is not comparable to the passing away of an ordinary person. The prayers and rituals we do aim to purify the obstacles on the students' side. In doing so, we wish that we may meet Rinpoche's reincarnation as soon as possible, we can continue to support His wishes and projects, and that our minds may continue to develop exactly as He explained.
These are the practices done in English:
Maitreya Institute Amsterdam:
- Recitation of Shantideva's Bodhicaryavatara, Tuesday April 18, 2 - 6 pm.
- Recitation of various texts, Tuesday April 18, Thursday April 20, Tuesday April 25 and Thursday April 27, 7 - 8 pm.
- Cittamani Tara puja, Thursday April 20, 10 - 11.30 am. Wednesday April 26 (only online), Wednesday May 3 (online and onsite), Tuesday May 9 (online and onsite), Thursday May 18 (only online), Friday May 26 (online and onsite) and Monday May 29 (only online) 10.00 - 11.30 uur. Subject to change.
- Guru Puja, every 7 days till the 49th day of Parinirvana (Wednesday April 19, May 10, 17, 24 and 31), 3 - 5 pm. Subject to change: April 26 and May 3 are cancelled.
- Four Mandala Offerings to Cittamani Tara Puja, with Geshe Sonam Ngodrup, Wednesday April 26, 19.00 hrs.